GENERAL SERVICE AGREEMENT
THIS GENERAL SERVICE AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) dated this ________ ________ ________
_________________________ of ______________________________, ______________________________, England, _________________________
– AND –
startupbusinessplans.co.uk of Staniforth Street, Birmingham , England, B4 7DN
A. The Client is of the opinion that the Contractor has the necessary qualifications, experience and abilities to provide services to the Client.
B. The Contractor is agreeable to providing such services to the Client on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
IN CONSIDERATION OF the matters described above and of the mutual benefits and obligations set forth in this Agreement, the receipt and sufficiency of which consideration is hereby acknowledged, the Client and the Contractor (individually the “Party” and collectively the “Parties” to this Agreement) agree as follows:
1. The Client hereby agrees to engage the Contractor to provide the Client with services (the “Services”) consisting of:
o Effectively research and use said research to develop and deliver a professional, fit-for-purpose business plan.
2. The Services will also include any other tasks which the Parties may agree on. The Contractor hereby agrees to provide such Services to the Client.
Term of Agreement
3. The term of this Agreement (the “Term”) will begin on the date of this Agreement and will remain in full force and effect until the completion of the Services, subject to earlier termination as provided in this Agreement. The Term of this Agreement may be extended with the written consent of the Parties.
4. In the event that either Party breaches a material provision under this Agreement, the non-defaulting Party may terminate this Agreement and require the defaulting Party to indemnify the non-defaulting Party against all reasonable damages.
5. The Parties agree to do everything necessary to ensure that the terms of this Agreement take effect.
6. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, all monetary amounts referred to in this Agreement are in GBP.
7. For the services rendered by the Contractor as required by this Agreement, the Client will provide compensation (the “Compensation”) to the Contractor of a fixed amount of £685.00.
8. A deposit of £342.50 (the “Deposit”) will be payable by the Client.
9. For the remaining amount, the Client will be invoiced after the work is complete.
10. Invoices submitted by the Contractor to the Client are due upon receipt.
11. The Contractor will be responsible for all income tax liabilities and National Insurance or similar contributions relating to the Compensation and the Contractor will indemnify the Client in respect of any such payments required to be made by the Client.
12. The Contractor will be solely responsible for the payment of all remuneration and benefits due to the employees of the Contractor, including any National Insurance, income tax and any other form of taxation or social security costs.
Reimbursement of Expenses
13. The Contractor will not be reimbursed for any expenses incurred in connection with providing the Services of this Agreement.
14. Confidential information (the “Confidential Information”) refers to any data or information relating to the Client, whether business or personal, which would reasonably be considered to be private or proprietary to the Client and that is not generally known and where the release of that Confidential Information could reasonably be expected to cause harm to the Client.
15. The Contractor agrees that they will not disclose, divulge, reveal, report or use, for any purpose, any Confidential Information which the Contractor has obtained, except as authorised by the Client or as required by law. The obligations of confidentiality will apply during the term of this Agreement and will survive indefinitely upon termination of this Agreement.
16. All written and oral information and material disclosed or provided by the Client to the Contractor under this Agreement is Confidential Information regardless of whether it was provided before or after the date of this Agreement or how it was provided to the Contractor.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
17. All intellectual property and related material, including any trade secrets, moral rights, goodwill, relevant registrations or applications for registration, and rights in any patent, copyright, trademark, trade dress, industrial design and trade name (the “Intellectual Property”) that is developed or produced under this Agreement, will be the sole property of the Client. The use of the Intellectual Property by the Client will not be restricted in any manner.
18. The Contractor may not use the Intellectual Property for any purpose other than that contracted for in this Agreement except with the written consent of the Client. The Contractor will be responsible for any and all damages resulting from the unauthorised use of the Intellectual Property.
Return of Property
19. Upon the expiry or termination of this Agreement, the Contractor will return to the Client any property, documentation, records, or Confidential Information which is the property of the Client.
20. In providing the Services under this Agreement it is expressly agreed that the Contractor is acting as an independent contractor and not as an employee. The Contractor and the Client acknowledge that this Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture between them, and is exclusively a contract for service.
21. All notices, requests, demands or other communications required or permitted by the terms of this Agreement will be given in writing and delivered to the Parties of this Agreement as follows:
______________________________, ______________________________, England, _________________________
Staniforth Street, Birmingham , England, B47DN
or to such other address as any Party may from time to time notify the other.
22. Except to the extent paid in settlement from any applicable insurance policies, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, each Party agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the other Party, and its respective directors, stockholders, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, penalties, punitive damages, expenses, reasonable legal fees and costs of any kind or amount whatsoever, which result from or arise out of any act or omission of the indemnifying party, its respective directors, stockholders, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns that occurs in connection with this Agreement. This indemnification will survive the termination of this Agreement.
23. The Client will be eligible to receive a four (4) page starter website as part of their package. Offer is subject to the Client paying their invoices as stated. Domain registration is subject to domain availability. Offer includes 1st year hosting and Client is liable to pay £15 per year for hosting after year 1. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Modification of Agreement
24. Any amendment or modification of this Agreement or additional obligation assumed by either Party in connection with this Agreement will only be binding if evidenced in writing signed by each Party or an authorized representative of each Party.
Time of the Essence
25. Time is of the essence in this Agreement. No extension or variation of this Agreement will operate as a waiver of this provision.
26. The Contractor will not voluntarily, or by operation of law, assign or otherwise transfer its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Client.
27. It is agreed that there is no representation, warranty, collateral agreement or condition affecting this Agreement except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
28. This Agreement will enure to the benefit of and be binding on the Parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators and permitted successors and assigns.
29. Headings are inserted for the convenience of the Parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement.
30. Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine mean and include the feminine and vice versa.
31. It is the intention of the Parties to this Agreement that this Agreement and the performance under this Agreement, and all suits and special proceedings under this Agreement, be construed in accordance with and governed, to the exclusion of the law of any other forum, by the laws of the Country of England, without regard to the jurisdiction in which any action or special proceeding may be instituted.
32. In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, all other provisions will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable with the invalid or unenforceable parts severed from the remainder of this Agreement.
33. The waiver by either Party of a breach, default, delay or omission of any of the provisions of this Agreement by the other Party will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or other provisions.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the Parties have duly affixed their signatures under hand and seal on this ________ ________ ________.